Friday, May 25, 2012

“What you feel is what you are, and what you are is beautiful”


summer art collage

Whether it's just checking into a theatre nearby with some friends to watch the latest movies, or driving out to the mountains to spend a night or two roasting marshmallows on the camp fire, or checking into the airport to board a flight to different cities to visit family or explore the world. Or just driving for hours on the highway by the country side getting nowhere, but just feeling the wind in the hair, everybody seems to be doing something. At least that’s what my Facebook newsfeed tells me every time I log on. Everyone I know seems to be grasping on to every moment of the summer and living it to the fullest!


And then there is me. Sitting here in envy of all the people enjoying their breaks while I’m stuck in my hometown just working and going to school. Ugh! One more month!
Summer is truly my favourite season of all, for obvious reasons of course. I love the sun, I love the chilled drinks, I love being able to walk out of my house without having to bundle up or layer on lots of clothing for the chilly days. I love people dressed in light and bright colors walking on the street having ice cream. I love the yearly festival that comes to town, and call me crazy but I love the children running around enjoying the breeze in their hair. I love my summer dresses and the open toe sandals.Summer is just pleasant. Especially because for us students its stress free.


Since we’re on the topic, I should mention how much I’ve spent on my summer wardrobe. Yikes! Okay maybe not that much, but its just hard to keep yourself from shopping for the perfect coloured shoes or that one dress with the best patterns and belt! :(


To end off, I’d have to say that the best part of summer break is spending it with the family and friends. Catching up on all the missed TV shows, and of course sitting right here talking to you lovely readers! Summer is my time to relieve e my mind of all the stress and just let it be free, like the breeze that flows through the grass at dawn.

What is your favourite thing about the summer?


Take care, smile and enjoy the sun!

Yours Truly x

_______________________
Title: Slide – Goo goo Dolls

3 comments:

  1. i simply love black clouds assisted with cool breeze in summers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there; it's just one more month. My break started on Wednesday and I have so much to do that it psychs me out, causing me to do nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the summer holidays because I don't need to get up ridiculously early for the school run! Hope you are well, take care.

    ReplyDelete